Dolphin is a proven wireless swimming stopwatch timing system.
Dolphin provides wireless swimming stopwatch-style timing for swimming competitions. It significantly reduces the amount of effort required to run a meet and manage data. By transferring all timing data wirelessly, the system has improved accuracy compared to manual swimming stopwatches.
Effective April 13, 2023 - From USA Swimming, "The Colorado Time Systems Wireless Dolphin Timing was previously allowed, under a waiver granted by the USA Swimming Rules & Regulations Committee, to be used in USA Swimming-sanctioned competition; that limited waiver has since expired. However, effective April 13, wireless systems such as the Dolphin may be used as semi-automatic timing systems to conduct a USA Swimming-sanctioned competition." Learn more in the USA Swimming Rulebook.
Three modes of operation:
- Semi-Automatic Timing (Synchronized Start/Manual Stop): Connect the starter unit to any CTS electronic start system. All stopwatches will start timing with the start system signal. Each stopwatch stops when the lane timer stops it. These times are wirelessly transmitted and saved for immediate access by your meet management program.
- Manual Synchronized Start/Manual Stop: The official with the starter unit starts all stopwatches in conjunction with the whistle. Each stopwatch stops when the lane timer stops it.
- Manual Start/Manual Stop: This mode is used for collecting backup times at major swimming events, and is compliant with all swimming ruling bodies’ (World Aquatics, NCAA, USS, NFHS, YMCA) requirements for backup swim timing. Lane timers start and stop the stopwatches independently for a fully manual system.
In all three operation modes, finish times are wirelessly transmitted and recorded.
- Handheld wireless swimming stopwatches for each lane (the system supports up to 3 lane timers per lane, and up to 10 lanes)
- Starter unit (for synchronized manual or electronic starts)
- Base unit, which connects via USB cable to your laptop running Hy-Tek Meet Manager
- Dolphin software
- Dolphin split feature The Dolphin System now supports multiple split times (up to 10 per race) per participant for use in competition and training. Split times are displayed on the scoreboard to keep the audience involved during the course of the event. At the conclusion of the event, a log file is created and can be reviewed at a later time by the coaches and athletes
- Meet management interface Dolphin integrates with most meet management programs, so you will not need to learn a new meet management program.
- Who can use Dolphin? Everyone. Whether you use Dolphin wireless swimming stopwatches in swimming competition or practice; Dolphin is an accurate, wireless, effortless swim timing solution. Dolphin will save you time and improve your accuracy, all by simply connecting to your laptop.
- 6-lane with 1 stopwatch per lane WTS-D1061
- 6-lane with 2 stopwatches per lane WTS-D1062
- 6-lane with 3 stopwatches per lane WTS-D1063
- 8-lane with 1 stopwatch per lane WTS-D1081
- 8-lane with 2 stopwatches per lane WTS-D1082
- 8-lane with 3 stopwatches per lane WTS-D1083
- 10-lane with 1 stopwatch per lane WTS-D1101
- 10-lane with 2 stopwatches per lane WTS-D1102
- 10-lane with 3 stopwatches per lane WTS-D1103
- Each system includes the specified number of swimming stopwatches, base unit, starter unit, and Dolphin software
- Carrying Case, Lanyard, Spare Stopwatch
- Portable LED Scoreboard, Wireless Scoreboard Adapter (required with scoreboard)
- Wireless: 16 channels, spread spectrum, 2.4 GHz
- Battery: single standard 9V provides 40+ hours of operation
- Physical dimensions of wireless swimming stopwatch: Size (LxWxD): 6.06” x 2.69” x 1.06” (15.3cm x 6.8cm x 2.7cm)
- Weight: 6.9 oz (195 grams)
- Requirements: Hy-Tek Meet Manager, Laptop
- U.S Patent Nos.: 7,821,876 and 8,085,623
|Scoreboard Adapter for Dolphin, Road Runner, and Swimjitsu F928||Download|
|Dolphin Starter to Championship Start System (K-DSS-2) F921||Download|
|Dolphin Starter to Infinity Start System (K-DSS-1) F920||Download|
|Dolphin Diagram (Spanish)||Download|
|Dolphin Wireless Stopwatch Timing System Set Up (Spanish) F911||Download|
|Dolphin Wireless Stopwatch Timing System Set Up F911||Download|
|Dolphin Computer Operator Instructions - Primary Timing System F922||Download|
|Dolphin Computer Operator Instructions - Primary Timing System (Spanish) F922||Download|
|Dolphin Lane Timer Quick Reference Guide F924||Download|
|Dolphin Lane Timer Quick Reference Guide (Spanish) F924||Download|
|Dolphin Starter Quick Reference Guide F923||Download|
|Dolphin Wireless Stopwatch Timing System User Guide F912||Download|
|Dolphin Scoreboard Adapter F928||Download|
Dolphin v5.0.19 (Meet Maestro and HyTek Support)
In Spring 2023, CTS released updated Dolphin hardware to accommodate a new radio module. Devices using this new hardware and radio are backwards compatible with older Dolphin systems if those older systems are completely up to date. Older Base units and Watches must be at v1.5.1; Older Starters at v1.3.1; Older Scoreboard Adapters at v2.24.
All new Dolphin Hardware (Bases, Watches and Starter) will be at v2.00 or higher. New Scoreboard Adapters will be at v3.00 or higher. (v2.xx and v3.xx firmware cannot be loaded on older devices).
Please install Dolphin Software v5.0.19 to get the latest firmware updates for your Dolphin devices.
Firmware update instructions can be found in the Dolphin Extended Instructions (F912)
Repair and Service Forms
Call Us +1 970.667.1000
Help us understand the specifics of the equipment you need, We’ll listen and offer honest recommendations.