1. Locate (3) Philips head screws on back cover and remove with #2 Philips head screwdriver.
2. Lift up battery bracket above battery with your thumb.
3. While lifting the battery bracket, pull the battery out far enough to be able to access the positive and negative terminals. Red is positive and black is negative.
4. Disconnect both female spade electrical connectors by sliding them off the battery terminals. **Slightly manipulating them back and forth while pulling may help.**
5. Completely remove battery.
6. Replace old battery with new 12 volt 7.0 Amp. Hr battery – CTS part number R-420-003, which you can purchase here.
Steps 7 – 11 are steps 1 – 5 in reverse order and operation.